Tobacco General

For Posting About Online Tobacco Retailers
rwagner66
Banned

Tobacco General

Postby rwagner66 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:59 am

Has the lowest tobacco prices online, comparable to Lil Brown. Web site looks more professional. Does not sell tubes. Free shipping on orders over $99.
http://www.tobaccogeneral.com

DougE
Site Admin

Re: Tobacco General

Postby DougE » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:46 am

On the down side ........ most of what they sell I can drive a mile or two down the road and pick up locally at similar prices. I generally order from sites that carry stuff I can't get locally like D&R and peter Stokkebye.
When they idiot proof something, they always build a better idiot.

El Ropo
Light Smoker

Postby El Ropo » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:41 pm

Golden Harvest is considerably less at SOO, and they sell tubes for best prices around.

mgzinia
Tobacco Tax Survivalist

Postby mgzinia » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:45 pm

I ordered on the twenty third, and already had ohm and buoy to review, yesterday. and shipping was free, but sadly, no tubes, no d and r , and no ps 84.

ARMSTRONG
Light Smoker

Postby ARMSTRONG » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:08 pm

Yup, too bad they don't have tubes and D&R, then it would be 1 stop shopping for me...

ARMSTRONG
Light Smoker

Postby ARMSTRONG » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:39 pm

Placed order on 9/11 at 5:00PM, received on 9/13 at 8:30AM...I live in an adjoining state, but thats still pretty quick...

ARMSTRONG
Light Smoker

TOBACCO GENERAL

Postby ARMSTRONG » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:30 am

Tobacco General just started handling tubes...I buy most of my baccy from them without any problems, so am glad to see they now have tubes, including Royal Majestic which I switched to when ZEN became hard to get, just as good and cheaper too...
plus free shipping on $99 or more orders...
http://www.tobaccogeneral.com/tubes-84- ... PerPage=60

irishred
Light Smoker

Postby irishred » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:14 pm

I have used smoker's outlet for my pipe tobacco and am satisfied with their service. I wanted to try different tobacco and based on positive reviews, Golden Leaf was my choice. The only store that carry them was Tobacco General. Well, needless to say, it was not a good experience for a new customer. I ordered 4 bags, gave them my email and credit card information. Four days later they send a generic email to tell me that a return refund was confirmed. It did not mention from whom the refund came from. I checked my credit card info and it was not listed. When I found out who it was from, I sent a email to Tobacco General asking why the refund, they inform me that they were out of stock and that it would take 3 to 4 business days to credited my card. Checked their website today and Golden Leaf is still for sale. No mentioning what so ever of being out of stock. They got my email and credit card information through a bogus sale in my opinion. I am almost out of tobacco thanks to them and now I have to find tobacco in a hurry.

mgzinia
Tobacco Tax Survivalist

Postby mgzinia » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:20 pm

WOW! ...I have never had a problem with them...I hope this is an isolated incident, I have ordered from them many times with no problem...idk, but I hope it gets better for ya if you order again.

TobaccoGeneral
Vendor

Postby TobaccoGeneral » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:27 am

Moderator Note: The allowance of a vendor to post does not constitute an endorsement by this site. RYOR permits the posting as a courtesy, provided that the posting isn't spam.

Hello, everybody.
I represent Tobacco General online tobacco retailer.
I found this forum on the internet and decided to register, introduce our store and of course respond to the unsatisfied customer.

We always try to deliver the best customer experience along with fresh quality products at a lowest possible price.
Sometimes, however, we're still not doing enough to make our customers happy.
One of the most typical problems is when an ordered product is out of stock.

Unfortunately, we currently don't have a technical capability to mark products in or out of stock, thus there's no indication on the website.
We have to apologize for that. We'll be thinking how to improve it, but we're just not there yet.
The good thing, though, is that we typically carry all products in stock and what's happened is rather rare.

As far as handling an out-of-stock orders, just a few minutes ago I've created a short "Typical Complaints" page:
http://www.tobaccogeneral.com/complaints.html

I'd like to cite its relevant part here:

Order got cancelled suddenly
Typically, we have everything in stock ready to be shipped to you. Sometimes, however, product is out stock for a long period of time or even discontinued by manufacturer. In cases, when we can't guarantee delivery within a reasonable period of time, we cancel the order to be able to refund the money to customer's credit card. Corresponding apology email is sent to the customer, but sometimes it goes to spam or to a wrong email address if misspelled by customer. We believe that it's better to cancel the order rather than hold customer's money for an indefinite period of time.

I would also like to add that our sales representatives would happily answer your questions during business hours. If you prefer to keep the order open waiting for the product they can do that too.

I hope that improves your customer experience a little bit.

Apologies again.

Sincerely,
Tobacco General Team.

Return to “Online Retailers”